‘The World of Pokemon is a World of the Demonic!’
I’ve become used to various religions bashing various games based on their inclusion of extremely brutal violence, or god forbid, even worse, sex, but this is a new one, even for me.
This video shows a TV pastor (anyone know his name) educating his flock on the demonic powers of Pokemon and the choking evil grip it has over our nation’s children. In one fell swoop he manages to express his complete lack of understanding over not only Pokemon, but also his own religion. All of this is in the video, but let’s summarize.
- Pokemon means “Pocket Monsters” in English. Monsters are evil.
- Pokemon get more powerful and evolve in better versions of themselves. Evolution is evil.
- Children form relationships with the Pokemon and command them to fight each other using elemental powers. This is somehow witchcraft. Witchcraft is evil.
- Kids have STABBED each other over Pokemon cards. I think this happened one time. Stabbing is evil.
- The devil has nothing better to do than to use Pokemon to turn your children into little witchcraft practicing demons. All of this is evil.
He also makes the brilliant analogy that “You’ll say that this is JUST A GAME, well Russian Roulette is also JUST A GAME!” and then goes on to say that with Pokemon, children won’t be able to distinguish between that world and reality. This is probably true if you have the world’s dumbest children, but most kids will understand that their house cat does not have the ability to shoot electricity out of its cheeks.
Last a bit of food for thought from an uncharacteristically perceptive YouTube commenter:
“How many people have been killed in the name of Pokemon?
How many people have been killed in the name of Christianity?”