This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that True/Slant does not own or control, or to individuals that True/Slant does not employ or manage.
What Personal Information About Customers Does True/Slant Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized and efficient experience. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on the Site or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our Site’s features. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new products. We may also request demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalized service, but this information is optional.
• We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. True/Slant automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, True/Slant cookie information, and the page you requested. True/Slant uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer the Site.
• Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Site, so we can make the Site appealing to as many users as possible. In addition, we may provide statistical information, not information about you personally, to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their areas and our Site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience.
We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from True/Slant if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive email from us, you can manage your email settings and choose to unsubscribe.
Information From Other Sources
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Like the information you provide to us, we do not share this information with anyone except authorized third parties in connection with providing you with our Service.
What about Cookies?
• Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site are visited and by how many people. True/Slant cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your username or email address is.
Will True/Slant Share Any of the Information it Receives?
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
• Affiliated Business We Do Not Control
In certain situations, True/Slant may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. We will share customer information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business. We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do and they do not have the right to share or use personal information for any purpose other than for an authorized transaction.
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. Our agents subscribe to the same level of privacy protection as we do. Unless we tell you differently, True/Slant’s agents do not have any right to use the personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
• Information You Post
When you post a message, your True/Slant username is visible to other users. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. True/Slant may share aggregated demographic information with business partners.
• Business Transfers
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if True/Slant, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
• Protection of True/Slant and Others
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of True/Slant, our employees, our users, or others. True/Slant may disclose personal information to parties in compliance with True/Slant’s Copyright Policy, as True/Slant in its sole discretion believes necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, True/Slant may disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, and email address.
• With Your Consent
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties.
Is Information About Me Secure?
• Your True/Slant account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer.
• Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
What Information Can I Access?
True/Slant allows you to access the following information about you for the singular purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information.
• You are able to add or update certain information. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
• You may delete your True/Slant account by following the steps on your True/Slant account page. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
• As explained earlier, the “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if do not allow cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our features.
• As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain True/Slant features.
Can Children Use True/Slant’s Services?
True/Slant is not intended for children. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Sites
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at True/Slant, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org or to TrueSlant Inc., 594 Broadway, Suite 1012, New York, NY 10012. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.