This is classic. The wingnut blogs are still ranting that Fox never aired a story about the Sherrod case until she had already resigned, pretending not to be aware that Fox did run stories on their websites, FoxNews.com and TheFoxNation.com.
Today Fox suit Michael Clemente admitted there was ‘a breakdown’.
The first mention of the Sherrod video, which surfaced on Monday, July19th on Andrew Breitbart’s BigGovernment.com, was made later that day on Bill O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. show. O’Reilly later apologized for how he characterized Sherrod.
But FoxNews.com did run a story about the existence of the video, titled “Video Shows USDA Official Saying She Didn’t Give ‘Full Force’ of Help to White Farmer” at 5:58 p.m. on Monday, an hour before the Agriculture Department announced Sherrod’s resignation. And Wednesday, Clemente told POLITICO that was a mistake.
“There was a breakdown in the system, and it is being addressed,” he said. “But it must say something about the power of Fox, that a week after she resigned, we’re still talking about this.”