Right Wing Bloggers on Race
Confirming everything I’ve written about them, John Hawkins takes a poll of the right wing blogosphere on their attitudes toward race. It’s bad as you might imagine.
Get a load of Hawkins’s title: Polling Conservative Bloggers On Race, Jesse Jackson, the NAACP, & False Accusations of Racism. Now that’s how you take a poll! Gallup, please note.
This poll makes it very clear why the wingnuts united in lockstep to promote Andrew Breitbart’s fraudulent Shirley Sherrod scam: they live in a giant Internet-equipped echo chamber.
100% of them oppose any type of affirmative action, all of them hate the NAACP, all of them deny being “racially prejudice” (except one, who admits it), an overwhelming majority think whites are victims of racism, and 100% of them think most accusations of racism are false.
Apparently nobody noticed the cognitive dissonance of the last two items.
1) How big a problem is racism in our society today? Is it a big problem, somewhat of a problem, a small problem or not a problem at all?
A) A big problem: 4.8% (3 votes)
B) Somewhat of a problem: 20.6% (13 votes)
C) A small problem: 60.3% (38 votes)
D) Not a problem at all: 14.3% (9 votes)
2) If you honestly assessed yourself, would you say that you’re racially prejudice [sic]?
A) Yes: 1.6% (1 votes)
B) No: 98.4% (62 votes)
3) Do you think blacks have achieved racial equality, will soon achieve racial equality, will not achieve racial equality in your lifetime, or will never achieve racial equality?
A) Have achieved: 78.7% (48 votes)
B) Will soon achieve: 16.4% (10 votes)
C) Won’t achieve in your lifetime: 4.9% (3 votes)
4) In general, do you approve or disapprove of giving preferences to blacks and other minorities in things like hirings, promotions, and college admissions?
A) Approve: 0% (0 votes)
B) Disapprove: 100% (63 votes)
5) Do you believe that the government discriminates against white Americans based on their skin color?
A) Yes: 79.4% (50 votes)
B) No: 20.6% (13 votes)
6) Do you believe that people who are opposed to illegal immigration could best be described as…
A) People who want to see the border secured, support law order, or believe illegal immigration is bad for America: 96.8% (61 votes)
B) People who don’t like Hispanics: 0% (0 votes)
C) Not sure: 3.2% (2 votes)
7) In your opinion, have you or a group you’re a part of ever been falsely accused of racism?
A) Yes: 86.9% (53 votes)
B) No: 13.1% (8 votes)
Do you think the majority of accusations of racism in politics today are false?
A) Yes: 100% (62 votes)
B) No: 0% (0 votes)
9) Do you think that NAACP would better be described as a group that…
A) Represents black Americans: 0% (0 votes)
B) Represents liberal black Americans: 100% (62 votes)
10) Which of the following do you think best describes Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton?
A) People are genuinely trying to fight against racism and injustice: 1.6% (1 votes)
B) People who make mostly false accusations of racism to get attention, make money, or for political gain: 93.7% (59 votes)
C) Not sure: 4.8% (3 votes)
11) Do you believe that the Democratic Party falsely tries to convince black and Hispanic Americans that Republicans hate them as a political strategy?
A) Yes, they do: 100% (63 votes)
B) No, they don’t: 0% (0 votes)
C) Most Republicans do hate black & hispanic Americans: 0% (0 votes)
These people really suck.