From Mad Men’s Trudy to Community’s Annie, actor Alison Brie is a hit
Not bad for a young woman whose previous acting resume is still thin enough as to include performances in community theatre shows at a Jewish Community Center in Southern California. And don’t get me wrong—I’m not knocking those credits—it’s a testament to how, when it’s your time in Hollywood, the knocks on the door can come fast and furious.
AUDIO EXCERPT: “Our producers on ‘Community’ are big fans of ‘Mad Men’ and were very gracious to let me continue to recur on that show and I hope it works out for season four.”
Her big break came in the first season of “Mad Men,” on which she plays “Trudy Campbell,” wife of ambitious silver spooner Pete Campbell. Pete hasn’t quite figured out married life yet—from making babies to staying away from women who are not his wife—but that hasn’t stopped Trudy from stealing most every scene she is in, including her final moment of season three.
As for “Community,” Alison plays “Annie,” the baby-faced, sometimes raw community college student who is desperately trying to fit in with the show’s band of oddball, somewhat older and more experienced characters.
The new NBC show took a few weeks to get its voice, but “Community” absolutely deserves the “Must See TV” tag and is funny from the first to the last minute of each new episode. It deserved a recent full-season pickup from the network and move to anchoring Thursdays night at 8 p.m.
• • •
Order Mad Men on DVD
Related articles by Zemanta
- More Mad Men video goodness (tvsquad.com)
- NBC’s Night of Halloween Comedy (tunedin.blogs.time.com)
- Community: 2009 Fall TV Preview (cinemablend.com)
- Community Video Clips: Introduction To Statistics (cinemablend.com)
- Chevy Case Is On Fire in Community (tunedin.blogs.time.com)
- Third Time’s the Charm For the Mad Men Cast (popsugar.com)
- Best new fall TV: “Community” (salon.com)
- Chevy Chase heads back to class (canada.com)
- Christina Hendricks’ Wedding Pictures – FIRST LOOK (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Ten Minutes with Mad Men’s Vincent Kartheiser [Q&A] (cityfile.com)